Things Get Painted - Lynx Helicopters

Remember these minis from a few weeks ago? I decided last week I need to get the choppers painted, as I could use them in a challenge I have going with two friends. Surprisingly, they got done pretty quickly...


It was pretty quick to start. I gave the rotors a spray of gw black as they were going to be 90%+ black anyway, and the bodies a spray of Chieftain Green. I found I ended up using about 5 coats as the colour was pretty thin, but at the end the details were all clear, and it was a nice solid colour.


For the main colours, I stuck with the painting guide in the Iron Maiden book. In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have done an all over wash, but just did the panel lines. However, I'm still happy with how they turned out by this stage.


I continues on, picking out weapons, markings, and some other details. It took maybe two and a half hours to get the main bodies and camo done, then another 2 hours to do all the details such as weapons, markings, and windows.
(It's quite possible a twitch power ranger marathon kept me at the desk pushing through a few parts)


In the end, they aren't perfect, but I'm happy with them, and eager to get the Chieftains painted as well!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things Get Painted: Lessons Learned from Black and White Painting

Things Get Painted: GW Contrast Paints

Things Get Painted - Seishin, and some first impressions of Hexwraith Flame