Sorrows / Fun with the airbrush

Next up are the Malifaux Sorrows. These have been floating around for a while, and I figured today with some downtime (See the next post) that I could clean them, get the base, and possibly even the bulk of the green done with the airbrush. After some cutting and gluing, failed pinning, and fun with putty and slate, I broke out the airbrush...

(It has a hands on feel by the end...)

And then the Sorrows were painted to some degree:

The rocks were a happy accident. The accident was breaking my new .5mm drill bit in a Sorrow on my first time using it. The happy bit was that when I propped one model up with a rock after trying to putty it in place, it looked good, so I decided to continue that on the other tow models. I may have to add some sand beyond this do it doesn't look like someone just piled the rocks up, but I think it looks OK.

As for the rest, I have to do a a few tiny touchups (Not even visible in the photos) on some dark colours in the green, and a few bolder highlights, and then I can move onto the rest of the model... Which is essentially teeth, eyes, claws, and bases. Because they are in the same colour as Pandora's flame as well, I'm going to try doing them with some OSL on the rocks (Which will be easier than doing it on tiles) to make them look a bit glowy.


Popular posts from this blog

Things Get Painted - Night Goblins and Oiran

Things Get Painted - The Queens Return

Things Get Painted - Malifaux Lilith Crew