Things Get Painted - Deathsleet

Just a couple of quick photos of Deathsleet from the Reaper Bones range. It was fun to paint, however I'm not too fussed about taking proper photos at the moment.

I spent a bit longer on the base than I originally planned. I put a few fake jewels on the base, keeping with the colour scheme, and then covered most of the base in snow. This was done in two stages, first with white texture paste mixed with Reaper Pearl White, and then with gloss medium mixed with GW snow powder for the melting snow. I was considering doing some powdered glass for snow effects as well, however after handing it to people, including small kids, at Gammacon in Canberra all weekend, I'm glad I didn't.

Anyway, it's been a fun project, and gave me the chance to try out some snow effects I hadn't tried before. Honestly, I'm more likely to use the gloss and snow powder than the texture paste in the future, as I like the effect more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things Get Painted: Lessons Learned from Black and White Painting

Things Get Painted: GW Contrast Paints

Things Get Painted - Seishin, and some first impressions of Hexwraith Flame