Thing Get Painted - Wereape and Cliff Dragon
Another round of quick updates. Here are some wip shots of the Wereape from Bones 3.
I wanted a quick base, and one that was green and saturated to contrast the ape itself. A few tufts help break it up from just being static grass. It's not perfect, but it's done and table ready, so I'm happy. It was really fun to paint as well, so I'd definitely consider painting more in the future.
This is a Grenadier Cliff Dragon I got for $2 at a bring and buy years ago. For the last few months it has been sitting half done on my desk. I figured that it's better finished to a tabletop quality than sitting there hoping I get a chance to paint it.
My main inspiration was the old yellow and green orc wyvern from 90s Warhammer. I ended up going with a pale green for the chest though to make it a bit different. I also made some tall tufts of grass for the base before the final stage. The bingo challenge I mentioned a while ago mentions a base more elaborate than you'd usually use for a mini. In that case...
Resin pour time! Again, this isn't perfect. I added too much colour to the water, so it's going to look like a swap dragon. Plus, I didn't go as deep as I imagined with the pour, so the wing and tails aren't partially submerged like I originally imagined. However, I'm pretty leased with this one as well!
Next up is this tiny familiar. I've got an idea for the base, and this will count as the "tiny" square in bingo, so I'm hoping I come up with an interesting end result here as well!