Things Get Painted - Malifaux Crooligans

Crooligans! Now that the Crossroads Seven are finished, I've been trying to clear a few projects that have been sitting reasonably unattended for a while. The crooligans have been mocking me for a while, what with their being really useful in game, cheap, and only slightly green, so look worse than unpainted models. Anyway, over the weekend at a group painting day, I managed to get them reasonably finished, with the final touches done when I got home on Sunday night.


I like that I get to use a muted green and bone pallet for most of the model, then some crazy colours when it comes to the skin, and a few other parts (purple patches crop up here and there) Those pinks and reds turn up in the skintones of the Crooligans, and the bright green was a mix of Reaper Clears in order to give them some creepy glowing eyes. 


This is just before I left the painting day. Everything was done bar the oil washes and static grass, however I did a wash of darker brown over the hair, as I believe i have missed that in previous steps, and it wasn't well defined. 


A very over-exposed photo of the Crooligans, oil-washed and static-grass'd. These aren't my best paint jobs, but they were good to get out of the way, and are decent enough for the table, especially at the size they are. Expect to see some better photos in the future; I want to start doing regular updates and posts of things as I get them onto CMON and PnP.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things Get Painted: Lessons Learned from Black and White Painting

Things Get Painted: GW Contrast Paints

Things Get Painted - Seishin, and some first impressions of Hexwraith Flame