Things Get Painted - Malifaux Crossroads Seven - Pride

Pride was the final member of the Crossroads Seven to be painted up, and one of the quickest!

 

One of the challenges I faced when I was trying to come up with a colour scheme was where to put a yellow colour on him. I knew that I needed to keep most of his clothing dark, and a yellow, even a yellow-brown, probably would look out of place on the hat. I chose to give him blonde hair and a yellow strap to tie in the colour reference to the Outcasts. Once I had figured that out, things started to go smoothly. I had given myself a deadline, and knew it was fast approaching. It was just as I got to a good point on the model that I hit a snag – the paint was beading up! I think at some point in the night I had picked him up and got grease on the model that I didn’t notice, and it wasn’t washing off. I was stuck trying to figure out how to solve this. I walked away from the desk to clear my head, and after about twenty minutes hit an idea – matte varnish! I knew it could be painted over, and in spray form it should adhere to the model. I gave it a quick coat, and after ten minutes drying time I was painting again!

 


Pride was overhanging his base as well, in a similar manner to Envy. Again, rather than build up rocks, I decided to have him standing on a plank of wood overhanging from the base. He had a pin running from the foot already, so I pinned that through the plasticard I had used for the planks and trimmed off the excess. It was a quick fix, but it worked pretty well, I think! At the end, he is probably my least favourite paint job on the models, as I felt there was always going to be something I could go back and change. However, I also like that I got him finished to this standard so quickly, so I have mixed confidence with him.


Pride
32mm
30mm base
Painted using Reaper paints and Secret Weapon washes
Painted with Broken Toad brushes and Iwata Eclipse airbrush


Lust on CMON Lust on P&P

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things Get Painted: Lessons Learned from Black and White Painting

Things Get Painted: GW Contrast Paints

Things Get Painted - Seishin, and some first impressions of Hexwraith Flame